Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Got up this morning and went for a bike ride at five.  It was dark until about ten to six.  Good clean fun.

Yesterday Steph and I cut down some branches from a tree that was brushing up against the eaves of our house.  What we should have done was rent a chainsaw for a couple of hours and chop the tree down that way.  Instead, we bought a handsaw and climbed the tree and cut the limbs down that way.  More exercise.

Here is what our porch looked like afterwards.  The gaping hole in the roof was there before, and was caused by someone trying to patch the metal roof by laying a piece of plywood on top.  (note to self)



Steph and I are planning on fixing this porch area.  We really have no idea how we should do this, but I think the first step will be to clearly find out how extensive the water damage is to the porch.  This will likely involve some deconstruction of the porch, getting the roof off, etc.

This is a side view of our front porch.  You can see I patched this one up as well.  It is really just a patch though, to prevent cats and things from coming into the porch area thorough the gaping crack.  Eventually Steph and I are going to have to fix this porch as well... probably by tearing it down and building a new one in its place.


2 comments:

  1. Nice patchwork on the porch! I'm looking forward to seeing your work on fixing the place up. I hope you post a lot of pics. Here's a tip: if you plan on needing to cut a few more branches off, think about buying a reciprocating saw. They're much smaller, cheaper, less intimidating, and safer than chain saws, and you can use them for any number of great chores around the house, including cutting down moderately sized branches. My reciprocating saw has quickly become my favorite gardening tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you guys have a blog!! I'm so excited; now I can see pictures of your house! It looks so cool from the outside! Hope you guys are doing great; I'm excited to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete